Koji Dolly Wink Liquid and Pencil Eyeliner (Deep Black) Review

Hi guys!
Whew, it's been awhile haven't it? I guess my life has been pretty boring lately... Well no fear, I am back with a review! Today I'll be talking about the Koji Dolly Wink Liquid & Pencil eyeliner in the colour of Deep Black!


So this is the packaging of both the eyeliners, I think the packaging has changed now but I honestly like this one much better, it's much cuter and fun! I think I purchased the liquid liner for $24.00 AUD and the pencil liner for $30.00 AUD, which is quite expensive.


Top: Pencil liner; Bottom: Liquid liner
The liquid liner has a brush application, however it doesn't split everywhere and stays in shape for an easy and smooth application. It also controls the amount of ink that comes out which I really like. It also comes out as a thin and dark line which I think is amazing.

However the pencil eyeliner, it's quite hard to sharpen with a normal sharpener, it becomes really messy. The line is much more think so it's harder to apply a thin line of eyeliner.




Here you can see on my left eye, I'm wearing the liquid liner and the right, I'm wearing the pencil liner.

 Liquid liner: As you can probably tell, I'm more biased towards the liquid liner. The application is easy to control and stays on top of my lashes equally and it just looks so neat.
Pencil liner: I'm not a big fan of this pencil liner, as you can see it's a very messy application.. Or I might just don't know how to apply pencil liner.




 Enough about the bad things about the pencil liner. I actually really like wearing the liquid liner along with the pencil liner to tight line my eyes to get rid of a line of skin under my eyeliner.
I know this looks so creepy, but here you can see how I used the pencil liner to tight line my waterline and lash line. It gives you an illusion of thicker lashes and makes them look full. However, I have found that if I tight lined my eyes all day, at the end of the day, the pencil liner would actually smudge on my lower lashes and somehow onto my dark circles to give me more of a panda eye.


Now, time for pros and cons. I'll start off with the liquid liner and move onto the

I know a lot of people actually quite like the Dolly Wink, but in my opinion, I feel as though it smudges way too much.. Here's an example:

So my overall rating of these products are:


Although the products are so so, I feel as though it's overrated, I was expecting more for Dolly Wink after hearing such great reviews about it, however I guess it doesn't match my taste. It's also very expensive for it's use, but from this, I bought experience!

We can never end my post without a selfie right? Hehe :3

Yes in these two photos I was wearing the liquid + pencil liner combination! It gives a very dolly look.. OH, that's why it's called Dolly Wink.. Okay it all makes sense now.. Heh~ Well as always, thank you so much for reading! Stay happy & healthy ♥~

Much love,
haycheepoo ♥

3 comments:

  1. Where did you buy the eyeliner. I've always wanted to try it. ^.^

    Follow for a follow?? Let me know on my blog.
    http://miss-peiyien.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww you look so cute *^* I always see other bloggers fangirling over this liquid eyeliner so much but it looks like it smudges a lot ;o; I actually wanted to get this eyeliner but after reading your review I might consider it again ^^;; Thanks for the review~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blog *___*
    I will glad to see you too :)
    http://pumpkinpew.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete