Kwave Festival in Melbourne 2013 with Eatyourkimchi!


Hi guys!
On Saturday, September 7th I attended an awesome event hosted by SQ Entertainment, called "Kwave Festival".
Sprinklez Dance Crew :) 
When I first came, there wasn't much to do. There were some performances on first! I saw the performances of Sprinklez's Chitty Bang Bang and A.O. Crew's Wolf performances! They were amazing ^^ Man, I wish I would dance as well as them :c




 Fun fact! A.O.Crew won the Sydney K-Pop Cover contest and will be flying out to Korea to perform representing Australia! Whoo! I'm so glad Australia is finally getting some recognition for our love for K-Pop!





Okay, so moving on! I was able to meet K-Wave's adorable mascot Barami! :D We were also introduced to the different Hanboks worn in Korea for different events and were familiarized with the materials used! Oh oh, we were also so fortunate to see Miryo from Brown Eyed Girls on stage! She's so pretty! And she seems like such a sweet person! It was such an honour to meet someone I usually watch through the screen of Internet!




The cute Barami who isn't looking at the camera :c

Here's my wife in a Hanbok ^^ 
I only got to see the side of her :(





































So after a few showcases of the Korean culture and performances and 20 minutes intermissions; we were finally able to meet EatYouKimchi (Simon, Martina and So Zee)! They were bought onto stage after so many Nasties chanting, "Eat your kimchi! Eat your kimchi!" Both Simon and Martina are such amazing people! They're as lively and down to earth as they are in their videos!




Simon and Martina had a short Q&A session with us and I swear, Martina was looking right at me for me to ask a question! However the girl behind me asked her a question.. It's okay, because Martina actually saw me :D ! They also told us how difficult it was for them to order coffee! Who knew buying coffee in Melbourne was so hard! When they had to leave the stage, Martina crept to our side and waved to all of us! She's so kind ^___^ Both Simon and Martina picked up candy from us Nasties who threw it onto the stage! They're so cute~!
I feel as though through this festival, we were able to feel closer to EatYourKimchi as fans and it was amazing! I really love how they treat their fans, I personally, feel more like their friends than fans!



Even though I look horrible, it was such a great experience and memory ♥
I remember when I came in the tent, Simon was like, 'HEEEEEYY!!!!' Really loudly and opened his arms for a hug! They're both so tall and welcoming! I hugged Simon then hugged Martina! Their hugs are so warm and comforting! It's tight, but not too tight~ I miss them already :( ! Martina was then like, "Let's make a heart around her!" And I'm like YES PLEASE ;D And we took the photo! I asked them who ended up being the first person to roll down their sexy window, it was someone at the airport! Hehe I was then rushed out of the tent but managed to squeeze in one last hug before I left! Simon and Martina both kept thanking me for waiting and coming to see them! Ah they're so nice ^___^ 

Outfit of the Day time ^^~


















For this occasion, I just paired a blue cut away blouse with my waist-high denim shorts with stockings since it was quite cold! I also paired this outfit with boots however being an Asian, it's almost a sin to wear shoes inside the house. Yes, my room is pretty messy.. With my grandma sleeping in the background... Okay..




I used a concealer to conceal any blemishes and dark circles, followed by Missha BB Cream and a thin layer of Tonymoly Berry Lovely Girl Powder to set my BB Cream! I simply drew my eyes, winging it out following my natural eye shape with a brown liquid liner for a softer and less harsh look! 


As tradition, how can I not end the post with a little selfie time? ^^ Yeah I got ready 2 hours before the actual event... So I had lots of time to get ready and photowhore :P 



Did I mention I met DarrenTP? However our Manager Oppa photography isn't that great... T____T 

I would like to give many thanks to SQ Entertainment for hosting such an amazing event! Thank you to EatYourKimchi who also took their time to fly out to Australia and meet us Nasties ^___^ ~ 

If you don't know who EatYourKimchi are, they're a Canadian couple living in Korea who used to teach English at Korean schools, but now are full time YouTubers who makes videos helping us to know survive in Korea and all that fun stuff! They also make Music Mondays reviewing K-Pop Music Videos :D ! 




Remember to check their website out here, subscribe, follow them on their social networks and OOOOHHH YOU SO NASTY! 

Much love,
haycheepoo ♥

1 comment:

  1. Your photo with Simon & Martina is gorgeous !!

    A nice blog also, sadly I didn't get there.
    ~ thank you

    ReplyDelete