Live Your Life Confidently and Happily ^^

Hi guys!
Today I'll be writing about something a little different; confidence. A lot of people have asked me how I get my confidence, how I build my confidence etc. So today I wanted to share with you how you can build up your confidence as well!
I wouldn't say I'm the most confident person in the world, but I have enough to keep myself strong and happy. Everybody is different, some people lack confidence due to family background issues, bullying or social issues; it's completely normal. Some people are lucky and are born to feel confident and that's great! I was born with no confidence at all, so I had to build from scratch.
I'll admit that I've actually been bullied in the past, been called names and all - they went on for a while; whilst it was happening, I felt like complete crap and I just thought to myself that I'm not good enough, I'm ugly, nobody liked me, I was alone, everything I did was a mistake and that I am a mistake. All these negative thoughts killed me, I've even had thoughts of running away, suicidal thoughts; if you look at me now, you would never guess that I've been so negative. However, that's all the past and I've learnt how to move on; so today I want to help everyone who are going through or have been through this horrible situation!

So lettuce get started ^^

1. Accepting and embracing yourself!
I'm sure you've heard this a lot; but trust me, it really works. The sooner you learn to accept you for you, the better! Accepting yourself means accepting your flaws, it means accepting your past and your mistakes. It's not an easy thing to do, that's for sure. However you need to have a positive mindset, you need to know that your flaws, mistakes and past makes up who you are, you are the person you are today because of them; you can't fix them even if you wanted to. So if you can't fight it, why not embrace it? If you think about it, if you can't love yourself, no one else will; you always will think so lowly with yourself which causes problems for other people. Chin up and love yourself! You're you, unique and the only one in this world.

2. Ignore and overcome!
Some people say this is the hardest part; ignoring people's opinions and comments on you and overcoming them; taking them lightly and not to heart! I know I'm still struggling with this but I'm getting there slowly. I know it's hard when someone calls you something so much that you start believing it's true; it's also really sad. This task is all about determination and optimistic! Back to the accept, you have to remember and keep in mind that not everyone in this world is going to like you, there will be people who hates you but in saying that, there will also be people who loves you. Don't say that there's nobody who loves you because that's a lie and you know it. Your family and friends; sometimes that's all you need. Don't let people's negativity get to you; those words won't hurt unless you let it hurt you. Just remember, everyone has different opinions on you, to one person you can be a pain the butt but to another, you can be the apple of their eye!


3. Doing things that makes YOU happy!
Being humans, we just want to be happy, that's what we all wish for. Do things for yourself! Your world doesn't revolve around others, it revolves around you. People aren't always going to be there for you, but you know who you'd always have? Yourself. I know that sounds lonely, but it's true. Why live for others when this life is yours? You don't have to pay attention what others want; what they want isn't necessarily what you want. You might be the type of person, "if they're happy, then I'm happy" - you know that is completely utter bullpoop. You're not happy if they are, you're only doing it to satisfy them, but not yourself. You can do what you want to do, what'll make you happy, however at the same time, you can to take into consideration that it doesn't hurt others physically or mentally either.

4. Step out of your comfort zone and make some new friends!
Okay, this might be one of the scariest part; breaking free of what you're used to. First of all, try finding an activity that'll make you happy; even if it's completing puzzles! Well, puzzles are fun. Anyways; for me, I found dancing! You might all know that I actually do dance covers on YouTube, crazy right? I never thought I'd be able to step out of dancing in my room at night into YouTube. You take risks to know where you're at, your full potential - it could be really scary but believe it, it'll be a fun crazy experience! I've actually made so many friends through my interest (K-POP); I joined groups on Facebook, forums and all those fun things! You'll realise that these people will support what you like and being able to feel like there's someone who supports you is amazing; definitely a confidence booster! Surrounding yourself with the right kind of people is really important to your own lifestyle!



5. Spoil yourself!
When I say spoil yourself, I don't mean go out and go crazy with your money, but I mean if you're unhappy with how you look and that's deducting your self esteem; do something about it! I know I said to accept your flaws, but that doesn't mean you can't improve yourself! If you're unhappy with your size, you can try to live a healthier lifestyle, exercising regularly, eating healthily! Or if you're like me, your face and body are your flaws, pamper yourself, treat yourself to facial masks and taking care of your skin! Oh and of course, to keep yourself happy, treat yourself to food or shopping or whatever you enjoy doing! Don't be stingy on money if it's a once in a while thing! There's not point in saving money for your whole life and not spending it; you can die any time and all those hard work will go to waste; so treat yourself!


These are the 5 ways that I've managed to keep my confidence and happiness up! To be confident, you don't have to be the best looking person at school or whatever, it's how you feel about yourself - it's what you see when you look in the mirror. When you can look in the mirror, smile and tell yourself, "I'm happy with just being me." is when you know that you're a more confident person! You don't see yourself as a inferior to other people. Life isn't about being physically attractive and impressing others; as long as you're happy with yourself regardless of what anyone says; then you're good to go! Remember that living a happy and healthy lifestyle is a great help as well!

Remember to always smile and live for yourself! ^____^ I hope this post had helped you in some kind of way!

Much love,
haycheepoo ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment