Korean Restaurant Snow Tree Review ♥

Hi guys!
So today was the last day of my exams for mid-year! Yay! That means more time to relax and .. BLOG!
After I finished my last exam, I had quite some time to spare; so my friend Chi and I along with my best friend, Arnold (you guys should be familiar with him now :P) decided to try out the Korean Restaurant called "Snow Tree" in Footscray, Melbourne. It's quite close to the train station so it's an easy location to get to!

I actually didn't get to snap any photos of the actual restaurants itself because I was way too chicken to ask, but I guess I can describe it. The walls were cutely decorated with wooden shelves and in the actual shelves, they had cute little items in them like a clock, plushie, the words "Snow Tree"; it was a really cute decor! In the corner, they had a Message Box, which was organized into little mailboxes which are so creative and.. CUTE! By the window, they had strings with polaroids clipped to it! It's one of the decorations I would like to do in my future house!

The restaurant itself was quite small, but it gives it a family cosy feeling! The furniture was bland beige and brown but I actually thought it was a really cute design. It was like sitting inside a wooden cottage house!



There were a few spelling mistakes in the menus but that was okay, after all, it isn't a native cuisine! So Arnold ordered Beef Bulgogi on ice (소고기 덮밥), Chi ordered Chicken Bulgogi on Rice (치킨 덮밥) and I ordered Octopus on Rice (낙지 덮밥); when I ordered this, the waitress was surprised and told me it was spicy but I said it was okay, because I handle spicy really well! The side dishes were served in these mini colourful cups and they were just adorable! They gave generous amounts and I really like my side dishes, so win win!

The meals were great overall! The served a generous amount of both rice and meat which was great! The kimchi tasted a bit like lychee, but the bean sprouts were fresh and amazing - so I guess that made up for it!

SPOT THE PSY! 
The first thing that caught me was the little Psy on the menu, I thought that was really cute! I picked up their menu; Snow Tree does phone orders & pick up as well, which is pretty cool! They serve the typical Korean entrees, Cheese on Food, Rib Stews, Deep Fried meat, various rice dishes, noodles including Ramen and Udon, Curry, Bento, fried rice, hot pot/soups and Korean BBQ! The prices are affordable and pretty good for the servings!




After having our main meals, we decided to try some desserts since it looked like that was what Snow Tree was known for! Chi and Arnold both had Belgium waffles whilst I had a mango smoothie. I didn't manage to get a photo since it came out blurry but it was served with two pieces of waffles, yogurt, chocolate sauce, whipped cream, icing sugar and blueberries and raspberries! It was quite filling since both Arnold and Chi got pretty full! However, one small thing, the waffle was a tad too hard, but it went nicely with the chocolate and whipped cream!
The mango smooth was really good, it had a really refreshing taste and an addicting taste of mango! The serving was quite a lot for pretty cheap as well! I actually couldn't finish it by myself! The smoothie comes in different flavours such as strawberry, plain, mango and some more which I can't exactly remember!

Of course finishing the day with some selfies with Chi ^___^

Overall I was quite happy with today's experience at Snow Tree! The customer service was really good, friendly staffs and y'know how some staffs make it awkward? These employees managed to make you feel happy and comfortable in their restaurant! I'm always big on customer service!

Snow Tree rating: 8/10 ~ ^___^

If you live in the western suburbs and want to try some Korean cuisine for an afforable price and sit in a cute atmosphere enjoying the K-POP (fangirling) playing; I recommend Snow Tree! ^___^

Much love, haycheepoo ♥

Snowtree on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. Hi Helene,

    Your first post just appeared on Urbanspoon! Check it out:
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/71/1711933/restaurant/Melbourne/Snowtree-Footscray

    I encourage you to claim your blog, which allows you to add a picture and change some settings. The blog photo shows up next to your posts wherever they appear on Urbanspoon. Here's how to claim:

    - Make sure you're logged into Urbanspoon

    - Go to your blog page on our site: http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/71/11176/Melbourne/haycheepoo.html

    - Click "Claim your blog" in the left sidebar

    After you submit it, we may contact you to verify your claim. Check your spam email folder if your claim hasn't gone through in a day or two. You'll also find some interesting badges and widgets on your Urbanspoon blog page - look in the right sidebar.

    If you have any questions, please contact me via email.

    Thanks,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there,
    to get some sort of idea whether pictures are allowed you can also have a look at blog posts from that particular place. Most places will always allow photos.
    www.newintstudents.blogspot.com

    xo: Sal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Helene! I just approved your blog claim. Now your Urbanspoon profile picture is displayed on your blog page. You can upload a blog-specific photo if you prefer, and can change a few other blog settings there. Also, if you vote for a restaurant that you've reviewed on your blog, we now show your vote next to your post everywhere on our site.

    http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/71/11176/Melbourne/haycheepoo.html

    Best,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete